The recent planning application for a 32K poultry unit just outside Llangadog has been denied – BBC report can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-41484039
This is proof that public opinion can be used to influence Councils.
Thank you to all who wrote to object.
The Youtube video here https://t.co/s3BuFrm62z is a very good indication of Fish Legals thoughts on agricultural pollution. Well worth a look.
Executive summary English Final
We would urge all members and non-members to study the consultation exercise above and respond accordingly
NRW have released the following statement below:
NRW proposals for new controls on fishing for salmon and sea trout
After careful consideration of our evidence and wishing to take full
account of the views we have received during our engagements with
customers and stakeholders, we are now proposing changes to fishing
controls to the salmon and sea trout net and rod fisheries.
We would like to make you aware that we have:
1. Advertised a new Net Limitation Order
2. Launched a statutory consultation on new byelaws for rod and
Both processes began on 22 August 17 and runs for 12 weeks.
The proposals include:
* Maintaining the same number of net licences in the 13 public
salmon and sea trout net fisheries
* Making consistent the start and end of the net fishing seasons:
* Shortening the netting season by starting net fisheries no
earlier than 1st May
* Ending the netting season on the 31st July
* Implementing full catch and release fishing on all net and rod
fisheries for salmon
* Requiring sea trout catch and release in rod fisheries on
vulnerable rivers before 1st May
* Setting a 60cm maximum size limit for sea trout in rod fisheries
* Implementing method restrictions (bait, barbless hooks and
trebles) so that released fish have a good chance of survival (Byelaws)
This is both a complex and, for many a contentious issue. In order to
help you, please find attached the executive summary to our technical
case, summarising our approach.
A full set of documents including the technical case, byelaws, and
response form can be found on our web site http://naturalresources.wales/catchcontrols2017
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us Fisheries.
1: “Taking Forward Wales’ Sustainable Management of Natural Resources”
Members were reminded of the importance of submitting individual responses to the Welsh Assembly Government consultation document.
The proposals in the Consultation have far reaching implications including a proposal to provide access to canoes, rafts or even paddleboards on any non-tidal water, rivers or inland waters anywhere, overriding restrictions under existing law.
It is crucial that all anglers, who care about the future of fish and fishing, make an effort to respond to the consultation exercise by the end of September, 2017. A draft response is available on the CFF website and in the Sea Trout Forum CFF section.
2: Smolt Shepherding
Three Gas cannons have been secured by NRW for use in the catchment. They will initially be used in the middle reaches of the Tywy to aid scaring of FEBs . They will be relocated next Spring to scare off FEBs predating on shoaling smolts migrating downstream in the Nantgaredig area. This replicates a successful scheme introduced on the South Esk.
A second license is being applied for and volunteers are again required to help with bird counting and scaring activities during the winter. Please contact Mike Hill if you are able to help in this regard. Tel: 07931 332270 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to attend the next meeting of the new CFF which will take place in the Carmarthen Football Club, Richmond Park,Carmarthen SA311HZ commencing at 7.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 15th August, 2017
2. Minutes of the meeting held on the 9th May, 2017.
4. Matters arising.
5. Update presentation on actions to control Agricultural pollution Huwel Manley
6. Update on recent NRW prosecutions Huwel Manley
6. Open Day Gelli Aur Agricultural College
7. Development of a Carmarthenshire Catchment Management Plan 2017 Huwel Manley
– process for completion, timeline and stakeholder involvement.
8. Himalayan Balsam project Report – Year 1 Jamie Harries/Mike Hill
9. Any other business.
10. Date of next meeting – AGM Carmarthen Football Club, 7.00 p.m. 17th November, 2017.
The next meeting of the Carmarthenshire Fishermen’s Federation is fast approaching.
Members and new members are most welcome.
The minutes will be circulated in due course.
We very much look forward to seeing you on Tuesday 15th August, Carmarthen Football Club, 7pm
Efforts to tackle agricultural pollution are not being prioritised by the Welsh Government, the chairwoman of Natural Resources Wales has said.
Read more here – BBC News
Carmarthen bay – Three rivers drift netting court case.
Llanelli magistrates court on the 23rd June 2017
DAVID JOHN THOMAS from Swansea and RICHARD PULLEN from Gorseinoin pleaded guilty for drift net fishing in a unpermitted red area of the Carmarthen bay, Three rivers area, on the night and early hours of the 18th/19th May 2016.
Please click the link below to view the Taking Forward Wales’ Sustainable Management of Natural Resources